PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any scrap damascus & mokume?

Ironwolf
01-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Do any of you have any decent sized scraps of damascus and/or mokume of a size,color and pattern suitable for earrings and pendants?
(really vivid contrast and tightly patterned stuff)
I want to make a few things for my daughter,and for Dolly
(earrings and pendants),
and a few things for my friends Shawn and Carrie who have been letting me bunk down here at their place.
Also,I've been told that there might be a bit of a local market for hand-carved mokume and damascus jewellery,so this could lead into something later...recover some of your costs on material,
and recycle it into art! :biggrin:
I have a few $ in my paypal so PM me,and let me know what you might want for your scraps,and shipping.
Or:trade for some of my mosaic pins and handle material?
Thanks folks!

Gahagan
01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I have some Mokume that is off a knife I stated and the blade broke It (two pieces) has holes drilled in it and is about 1"x1" maybe a little smaller. You are welcome to it if you like.

Ironwolf
01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Cool! PM sent

Ironwolf
01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Hey y'all
I've been thinking,
and am going to start doing hand-carved animal skull lanyard beads,
and Maori style tribal/primitive lanny hangers...
if you wanna trade some scrap material for these,
I'll post pics of the first couple I do,
and maybe we can work something out for future trades!

HHH Knives
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
PM me! I think I got a little something for ya! :)

Ironwolf
01-15-2011, 01:57 AM
I just wanted to stop by and say Thanks guys!
a few of you have uncluttered your shop floors,and will be the safer for it!...:3:
I have some very cool plans for the things you've sent,
and if you want to fire off an email to me,
I can keep your contact info privately and keep in touch with you when I start making things!
(and when I start making some predator animal skulls,if you want some,and are interested in future trades,let me know!)

Thanks again,you guys are awesome.
Wolf.
jon .ironwolf at gmail. com

Ironwolf
01-27-2011, 02:08 AM
If anyone has billet end-cuts/small blocks (approx. 2"x2" or bigger?),I'd be interested in those too;
if you have a 1/2 dozen or so,let me know what the shipping would be,and what you would be willing to sell or trade for them!