PDA

View Full Version : Thin .125" Marbled Carbon Fiber available for the first time!

Tyson
01-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I've had a lot of requests for this so I'm happy to announce that in addition to my previous post about the .375" thick Marbled Carbon Fiber available I also have some thinner stuff availale for the first time.

I did not have this one machined since it was an experiment for me, I instead hand sanded it. What that means is that this is not a perfectly flat top side but the bottom is still perfectly flat. The thickness I was going for was .125" but it varies in thickness up to .160". Because of the hand sanding being so far out of level I did not continue to sand it to finish so there are some pits on the surface but none that go below .125". I'm selling scale sets that consist of 2 pieces that are 1.5" x 6". Those go for $35.00 a set plus $4.95 shipping.

I've included some pics of a 6" x 24" piece but since it's really hard to show how this material looks in hand showing the constantly changing patterns I've got a video of it also. It's nothing special but gives you a better idea of what it looks like as it moves in the light. You can find that on my site at http://www.blacksitecf.com/id76.html. This is my first attempt at putting a video online so please let me know if you can't view it. Thanks for your time.

Contact me directly at Tyson@BlackSiteCF.com or send me a PM if you are interested.

Stew
01-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Wow!!

That effect is amazing. Almost like Mother of Pearl CF!

Johnny Roberts
01-06-2011, 12:02 PM
PM sent.

John Barker
04-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Tyson,
Do you have any marbled CF left?
-John