PDA

View Full Version : Serial Numbers on grinders??

Diamond G Knives
10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Rob

I hate to say that my shop was pillaged while I was away on a job. All the equipment as well as several roll around tool boxes of tooling were stolen between Aug 12th and Sept 28th.

My question is this. Are there serieal numbers on the Disc grinder and the KMG you sell? If so do you track or record these numbers in any way?

Not a huge issue if you dont, just could be a little more info to give the police.

Thanks!
Mike

rfrink
10-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Dang it Mike! I hate to hear that! I'm sorry that some scum bag decided to make off with your stuff. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be.....not to mention that it is mostly senseless as well.

Your question: no, we do not have serial numbers.

I'll be glad to help if I can.

-Rob

cdent
10-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Sorry to read about your problem Mike. Hope the scum bag was at least trying to feed his kids.

Hope all works out well, Craig

Wayne Coe
10-30-2010, 09:37 AM
I had thought about numbering my knives but hadn't gotten around to it. I was just thinking about numbering. Now with this thought I will probably start stamping a number and the person who got that number. Of course the "scum bag" would probably just grind it off if he knew it was there, or sell it and let the buyer worry about it. Best bet is that folks should personally mark their stuff.

Diamond G Knives
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Its even worse since Im almost sure it had to be someone who knew me. The inside of the building wasnt visible, and unless you knew it was a shop you wouldnt break into it. So I think. But who knows!

Rob Im sure Ill be calling you for another disc grinder, whats the wait time for one, or are they a stock item now?