PDA

View Full Version : My First Custom Knife!

arjung
09-24-2010, 08:50 PM
I wasn't too familiar with Les George's work prior to the latest issue of blade. I've seen one of his folders prior to that issue on Monkey Edge (a personal favorite knife browsing site of mine). However when I saw the cover with the XM-7 EOD I was definitely interested. This is unique since tantos and Chisel grinds are not usually my favorites, let alone a combination of both.

When monkeyedge got some of these in I couldn't resist and bit the bullet. Hopefully should be here by Tuesday/Wednesday. This is really my first custom. I'm stoked for it. :drool:

Les George
09-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Boss, welcome to the forum!

I'm glad that you stopped by and honored that you chose my knife for your first custom!

These EOD knives are not the refined smooth knives that I try to make my folders. These are dirty and visceral, You hold one and just want to stab something! The first one I made in this current version, I kept it around about 2 weeks after it was done, because I liked playing with it so much!

It ended up in Afghanistan and that's good too! ;)

I hope you'll post some pics when you get it!

murphda2
09-24-2010, 09:31 PM
You could have certainly done alot worse for your first. Les makes a damn solid blade!

TKC
09-25-2010, 02:46 AM
That is a most excellent choice for a 1st custom knife!! Congrats!!

Welcome to the pack!!

arjung
09-25-2010, 07:19 PM
haha when it comes to fixed blades I'm not too picky about the fancy things. I prefer a more functional tool. However I'd be lying if I didn't find the lines of the knife very aesthetically appealing.

Folders I tend to look for some more refinement, but that's not always the case (one of my favs in a SnG)

When I get it, I'm definitely making an unboxing vid!

Les George
09-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Then make a video digging rocks outta the ground or something of the sort! :)

arjung
10-01-2010, 10:51 AM
As soon as I find a need to dig some rocks out and chop some tree limbs I guarantee that I'll make a video of it. Until then + proper camera equipment you will have to live with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGyUmusCeGs&feature=email

Les George
10-01-2010, 11:02 AM
It's cool to see the initial reactions! I am glad you like it! :)

Jeff Pearce
10-01-2010, 11:09 AM
cool video....

Darklight
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Your first one will be a keeper for sure....
Not because it's the first one but because it's a George ;)
Well done.

SPAknives
10-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Now that is one bad ass knife!!!

arjung
12-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Hate to necropost but alas I guess this wasn't meant to be. Looks like this will be hitting the chopping block soon.

She chops woods like a dream!