PDA

View Full Version : My latest

Raymond Richard
08-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Here's a new one I got epoxied on Sunday and got around to peening the tang and getting a few pictures taken today. I again used the saw steel L-6 to make a 4 7/8" blade. More iron with a walrus ivory spacer and ebony handle. Overall its 9". Pretty simple like all the others I have been making.

http://www.hawknknives.com/forums/IMG_2577.JPG

http://www.hawknknives.com/forums/IMG_2578.JPG

Peter Killgore
08-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I love those lines! The flow is great.

HHH Knives
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Simply beautiful! Nice...

Denny Eller
08-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Simple's butt - that's elegant! Great lines and materials and fantastic finish. Ray she's a beauty.

Eli Gautreaux
08-24-2010, 09:10 PM
I really like that upswept tip Ray, great flow!

murphda2
08-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I must agree with the others. The flow of the lines on this one is great. Just remember Ray, clean simplicity creates elegance. You nailed it once again.

stabber
08-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Looks great Ray! Nice combination of materials. Goes perfect with the patina.

Raymond Richard
08-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I really like that upswept tip Ray, great flow!

Eli, I think the upswept tip is more of an illusion from the grind on this one. For some reason I see a little Asian look to this one. Funny this handle was my second try. Made a nicer one out of ivory and bog oak but by the time I got it shaped it was just to small for this knife. Now I'm going to work on one of the smaller blades so I can use the other handle hopefully.

Eli Gautreaux
08-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Eli, I think the upswept tip is more of an illusion from the grind on this one. For some reason I see a little Asian look to this one. Funny this handle was my second try. Made a nicer one out of ivory and bog oak but by the time I got it shaped it was just to small for this knife. Now I'm going to work on one of the smaller blades so I can use the other handle hopefully.

I see that now, it's the grind line that gives it the curved look. I like it!

Peter Killgore
08-26-2010, 12:20 AM
I think it's really cool how the grind gives it that appearance! I could see this same design but with about a 7 inch blade looking really cool as well........ :D

Raymond Richard
08-26-2010, 09:07 AM
I think it's really cool how the grind gives it that appearance! I could see this same design but with about a 7 inch blade looking really cool as well........ :D

Peter, I finally made it into Portland yesterday to get some lighter weight leather so I could start making sheaths for these new knives however the desire to do some larger blades of this style seems to be peeking my interest more than the leather work.

Eli Gautreaux
08-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Oh come on Ray, leatherwork can be fun too, you just have to think positively :D :D

Raymond Richard
08-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh come on Ray, leatherwork can be fun too, you just have to think positively :D :D

Eli, Leatherwork means I have to clean off one of my tables. I'll just dump the mess on the floor and start fresh........ :D