PDA

View Full Version : latest out of the het treat

Don Carlos Andrade
08-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Well I just got home from having shoulder surgery. BUT before I went in I was able to get some wok done.

A nice group of kitchen knives, the top one is the largest french knife forged to date.

ok typing with one hand so I'll sign off now.

enjoy the image.

-Don:)

http://www.californiacustomknives.com/chefhamon.jpg

Raymond Richard
08-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Don, They look great! Tai just told me about the shoulder. Time to put a seat belt on the horse. Hope you heal up soon!

LR Adkins
08-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Nice looking blades Don.

Larry

murphda2
08-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Great looking work.

Peter Killgore
08-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Those look really nice!

What did you have shoulder surgery for? I've been having some muscular instability with my shoulders but it's looking like I won't need surgery at this point. Although I am supposed to go in for another MRI........

Don Carlos Andrade
08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks everybody:) Yeah Raymond you are right.....seat belt:)

Well I tend to wait until things become bad enough that they HAVE to be fixed. This was a compound injury: in 1996 I separated my left collar bone completely from where it attaches to the top of the scapula. It had been like that all this time un-healed and ok for the most part other than having a bone poking out the top of my shoulder for 14-years. Finally it began causing trouble due to the scar tissue continually being added in the body's attempt to heal that AC-joint, which will never really heal this was..........it was getting worse when I had an accident falling off a 17.5 hand shire 2X ...:) and tearing it all up worse and doing damage to the rotator cuff too. I was a fortunate accident in all reality because I would have never fixed it...but in many ways always wanted to, but just dealt with the damage and pain.

If you have instability it is best to get it checked out. The ortho doc. will know what to do. Perhaps some physical therapy will help. Shoulders are amazing and complex. I had my right one reconstructed in Oct.07...but had carved stone with a completely severed rotator cuff foe over 11-years. But I am sort of extreme.....

ok typing with one hand is slow.

Raymond Richard
08-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Don, Like I said earlier I hope things heal up right. Best to get these things fixed even if you can put up with them while your a young man cause I know they will come back to haunt you when you get older. My right hand and wrist are a good example of what happens when you just ignore problems.

When I was a kid we took care of a horse for a few months. Dad just had an English saddle. My fat ass back then made it close to impossible for me to stay upright. Neighbors thought I was doing stunts when it was just me on my way to the ground.

Peter Killgore
08-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks everybody:) Yeah Raymond you are right.....seat belt:)

Well I tend to wait until things become bad enough that they HAVE to be fixed. This was a compound injury: in 1996 I separated my left collar bone completely from where it attaches to the top of the scapula. It had been like that all this time un-healed and ok for the most part other than having a bone poking out the top of my shoulder for 14-years. Finally it began causing trouble due to the scar tissue continually being added in the body's attempt to heal that AC-joint, which will never really heal this was..........it was getting worse when I had an accident falling off a 17.5 hand shire 2X ...:) and tearing it all up worse and doing damage to the rotator cuff too. I was a fortunate accident in all reality because I would have never fixed it...but in many ways always wanted to, but just dealt with the damage and pain.

If you have instability it is best to get it checked out. The ortho doc. will know what to do. Perhaps some physical therapy will help. Shoulders are amazing and complex. I had my right one reconstructed in Oct.07...but had carved stone with a completely severed rotator cuff foe over 11-years. But I am sort of extreme.....

ok typing with one hand is slow.

OK......that sounds excruciatingly painful! Hope you heal up quickly!

I've gone into the ortho. doc about my shoulders and I've been in PT since about mid February. They're getting better but I can still pop my right one out the back of the socket. That's the one my physical therapist wants me to have MRIed just to see if there's something so structurally wrong with it that has to be fixed surgically. Personally, I hope that is not the case(gee I wonder why.....) :D