PDA

View Full Version : Papa Smurf in Blade Mag

Bruce Bump
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I just ran across an awesome 4 page Makers Profile article on Raymond Richard in the newest issue (Oct.2010) Blade Magazine. Congrats Raymond!! 2thumbs2thumbs

BossDog
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
atta boy Ray..guess I better go look.

murphda2
07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I guess I need to actually open up my copy. Congratulations Raymond.

Eli Gautreaux
07-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Boy it's a great article too, looking good Ray!

Raymond Richard
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I just ran across an awesome 4 page Makers Profile article on Raymond Richard in the newest issue (Oct.2010) Blade Magazine. Congrats Raymond!! 2thumbs2thumbs

Bruce, Who's Papa Smurf? Thanks for bringing this up! I've got this article on my computer but not sure if I can get it to post. Anyone interested?

wdtorque
07-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Heck Yea! Dozier

Ernie Swanson
07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Congrats2thumbs

Raymond Richard
07-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Heck Yea! Dozier

I don't think I'm capable of adding it here. I contacted Marvin and asked to have it put on my website. When that is done I'll add a link here.

Mike Turner
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Way to go Papa Smurf now I will have to go buy one :D.

Phil Dwyer
07-16-2010, 02:30 AM
The mags get to Hawaii a little bit later than to you guys. I might see it by Christmas or so. Congrats Ray. Speaking of Christmas, are ready for those orders to start rolling in?!

walkdogs1walkdogs1walkdogs1walkdogs1walkdogs1

Mark Behnke
07-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Way to go Raymond!

Denny Eller
07-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Congratulations, Captain Rayhab!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your wife wasn't involved in what is going on in Uganda and that she is safe. Denny

joeshredd
07-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Right on Ray!
Got mine last night... Nice write up! :D

Chuck Brooks
07-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Ray I got my mag yesterday, that is a nice write up on ya! I hope you get a lot of mileage out of it, that picture of you doing the hawk demo at Eugene sure gets a lot of use, I've seen it used before, maybe because of the guy in the black hat. Naw, it's the guy in the Sunday go to meeting bibs! You earned it Ray. Congrats.
Chuck

Raymond Richard
07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Ray I got my mag yesterday, that is a nice write up on ya! I hope you get a lot of mileage out of it, that picture of you doing the hawk demo at Eugene sure gets a lot of use, I've seen it used before, maybe because of the guy in the black hat. Naw, it's the guy in the Sunday go to meeting bibs! You earned it Ray. Congrats.
Chuck

Chuck, Everytime that picture is used your always there. Pretty sure that was my first demo at the Oregon Show. Not sure now what year that was.

Have been getting a few calls about the article. Nothing has panned out yet but there's hope.

One
07-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Congratulations Ray!

Phil Dwyer
07-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Ray [not Chuck :o], I just checked your website to see if that article's been posted yet, but I couldn't find it. You'll let us know when that happens, right? BTW, it's been a while since I took a look at your site. It's ALWAYS rewarding to view your work. GREAT stuff!

Raymond Richard
07-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Chuck, I just checked your website to see if that article's been posted yet, but I couldn't find it. You'll let us know when that happens, right? BTW, it's been a while since I took a look at your site. It's ALWAYS rewarding to view your work. GREAT stuff!

Phil, Do you have me mixed up with Chuck Richards? I hope your just confused. This is Ray.

Before I put the article up I thought it wise to check with Blade before I did it. I did get the OK. Just need my webmaster to install it. Hopefully by tomorrow.

Raymond Richard
07-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Here's a link to my website where you can find the profile that just came out in the October 2010 issue of Blade Magazine: http://www.hawknknives.com/aboutme/_aboutme.shtml

Thanks Marvin for putting it there!

Phil Dwyer
07-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Phil, Do you have me mixed up with Chuck Richards? I hope your just confused. This is Ray.

Geesh, and it's been decades since I've been under the fog of any mind altering substances. Guess it was just a pre-senior moment, I have them more and more these days. Thanks for the link. At least I know I'll be looking on the right website! :o :o :o
:duh:

Dusty One
07-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Great article Ray....Always nice to get some free press !

Lorien
07-26-2010, 10:49 PM
whoa! Haven't been to knifedogs in awhile, sure looks different around here.
Anyway, I just wanted to say how happy I felt to see Ray get his due, and to read an obviously warm article on Papa Smurf.

Peter Killgore
07-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, where did the name "Papa Smurf" some from anyways?

mofretwell
07-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papa_Smurf

Can't you see the resemblance? Also read the text.

I suspect that labeling Ray as Papa Smurf was a Bruce Bump original, although I cannot be certain. Anyway, it fits, in a good sort of way.
:)

Raymond Richard
07-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Give me sometime to come up with a story. It will be 100% true to............

Raymond Richard
07-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Give me sometime to come up with a story. It will be 100% true to............

Peter Killgore
07-27-2010, 11:52 AM

I suspect that labeling Ray as Papa Smurf was a Bruce Bump original, although I cannot be certain. Anyway, it fits, in a good sort of way.

Got it! I can see the resemblance in there. ;)

Robert Dark
07-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Well Big Boy,

I FINALLY got my copy of Blade. That was a very interesting article. Its hard to cram a lifetime of knife-love into a few pages, but they did a pretty good job.

Only thing that bothers me is when you mentioned the rotary platen. Why didn't you tell them that your rotary platen went to one of the greatest guys in the Universe? You could have expanded to say that I am your hero and all kind of other stuff.

Oh well, I guess I know where I stand in this little world.

Good on ya Big-Un.

Robert

ddavelarsen
07-31-2010, 03:45 AM
Way to go Ray! It's been a long time coming and it's a great article. I'm proud to know you and have had all the help you've given me. Thanks for all you do.

Bruce Bump
08-01-2010, 09:08 AM

I wish I could take the credit but it was Ed Caffrey that made noticed the amazing resemblance first. :35:

Raymond Richard
08-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I wish I could take the credit but it was Ed Caffrey that made noticed the amazing resemblance first. :35:

Bruce, glad you fessed up! Not 100% sure if Ed should get all the credit for the Papa Smurf tag. I'm thinking it could have been a collaboration of two great minds, Ed and Steve Kelly.

Stuart Willis
08-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Congrats Ray,Well deserved.