PDA

View Full Version : Hammer-In

Indian George
06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Farmer Phil, is coming for his yearly visit. I am shotting for 7/17. It will be $30 a head. Give me a heads up if you want to attend.2guns

stabber
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I'll be shottin to be there President Bubba:D2thumbs

Is my apartment still occupied:D

Dan Pierson
06-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh well, I'll be Oregon. Hope Phil has a good time.

Shawn fu
06-26-2010, 04:55 PM
You can count me in too :D

Indian George
07-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Head count is up to 9.2thumbs Max will be 15.:D

Phil Dwyer
07-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Dern it, I was hoping to sneak in under the radar. Geesh, I sure hope I can make it. IG you're a forge partying son-of-a-gun! Thanks for your ongoing hospitality.

I should have a new Evenheat oven with me (via Tracy's store sent to my Mom and Pop's in NH.) I'm hoping some of you good folks will be able to help shorten my learning curve with programing it.

Bring your choppers and slicers, shavers and benders so you can show me how to do that stuff...or, if you're like me, try and figure it out.

Sorry to miss you Dan. Have fun in Oregon. Shawn are you making it to the ABS hammer-in in Maine the following weekend? Have you thought about doing the JS performance test? I'm thinking about it, if I can pull it all together.

All the best, Phil

T Blade
07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Phil so much for under the wire, you should know that Wa..Wa..Wally never can keep his mouth shut. I'll be there, I hope :D

Indian George
07-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Now this is getting scarey.:eek: We have a MD and a Lawyer coming to the HI.:D Now, if we have an accident we have care on hand.2thumbs But the Lawyer maybe another problem,pup2 but the last time he was here, he caught himself on fire. HEHEHEHE!!!

Shawn fu
07-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Hey Phil,yes I am planning on going to the ABS hammer in- and no on the performance test-still a little soon for me:)

T Blade
07-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Talked with Kook, he won't be coming, he has a pig roast/kegparty/birthdayparty. Nothing wrong with that.

See ya Saturday, I'll bring the portagee rolls & sweet bread, yum yum :cool:

Phil Dwyer
07-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I look forward to seeing you guys. Hey Larry, how about giving me a tutorial or two or on using IG's Lincoln buzz box? My stick welding could sure use some improving!

Indian George
07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
I'll be shottin to be there President Bubba:D2thumbs

Is my apartment still occupied:D

Hey Bubba Sr. You better bring a tent.huh1 I got eviction papers on them, but can't get them out till next month.

Indian George
07-14-2010, 11:23 AM
The food for the HI will be.
Cacoila
My world famous hamburges ( marinte and grinder the meat)
Fresh salad from the garden
Potato salad
2thumbs:Dcool 1

T Blade
07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
......I got eviction papers on them, but can't get them out till next month.

That SUCKS, maybe we can persuade them Saturday :eek: :D

stabber
07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey IG. Unfortunately I may not be able to attend:(

My pickup truck crapped the bed. She needs a turbo unit and she's still down.huh1

I'll call you during the week buddy!

T Blade
07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
..... Hey Larry, how about giving me a tutorial or two or on using IG's Lincoln buzz box? My stick welding could sure use some improving!

I don't really see a problem with that Phil.

T Blade
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey Stabber, that sucks about your truck, too bad, Kook won't be at IG's :rolleyes:

stabber
07-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks Larry. I'll miss you guys. Certainly will be at the next HI2thumbs

kevin - the professor
07-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Hello Everyone,
Unfortunately, I just joined this forum, and found out about the gathering. I can't come, due to going camping with my snookums.

However, I am an avid bladesmith, living in Cheshire, CT. If it's ok with y'all (I'm Texan), I would like to take part in future mischief.

I like to forge historical pattern-welded stuff, especially seaxs and kindjals, but I play with most types of knives.

I have only been doing this stuff for a couple of years, so I am early in the learning process. Not quite "newbie" but a long way from a seasoned pro. I posted a couple of pics of historically-inspired seaxs in the Maker's Shop Talk area earlier.

"Hello"
Kevin

Indian George
07-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Kevin, the more the merrier. 2thumbsYou got an open invite to come on over to the shop (I donít do Sundays).:D
I am here most of the time. We will be having a Guild HI in September, which we have a 30 to 40 for a headcount.
2guns

Indian George
07-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks Larry. I'll miss you guys. Certainly will be at the next HI2thumbs

Well, I can cut down on the food that I'll be making.2thumbs More than half since Bubba Jr. isn't attending. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

stabber
07-15-2010, 08:37 AM
:D Hey! He's a growing young man:p

Indian George
07-15-2010, 08:46 AM
:D Hey! He's a growing young man:p

Yep!!!! He take's after his father.:unsure:He is growing tall and you wider. HEHEHEHEHE!!

Indian George
07-15-2010, 08:48 AM
The weather is forcasted to be in the low 90's around here.:eek: I'll have plenty of water on hand.cool 1

stabber
07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
OK, Mr America:p

Water= Yuk. Bust out the Wayne Coe go go juice!!:D

Indian George
07-15-2010, 11:29 AM
OK, Mr America:p

Water= Yuk. Bust out the Wayne Coe go go juice!!:D

The go go juice is gone gone:eek::rolleyes:

T Blade
07-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Kevin, what Wa..Wa..Wally said. Going to IG's on a Saturday is always a good time. Usually he will find Wolf over there, he's a master smith by all means.

If you like spicey food Wa..Wa..Wally is a dam great Portagee cook, ain't cha Wa..Wa..Wally. :D And while we're on the subject of food, seeing as how you're from Texas originally, do you know where Wa..Wa..Wally can get some habanero peppers for his famous "Heat Treat Relish"?

Too bad you can't make it this Saturday.

Indian George
07-15-2010, 04:17 PM
BBBB Beaver the Ghost Chilies plants are looking good.shkn

stabber
07-15-2010, 05:56 PM
:confused:Where's Aldo??:bud:

T Blade
07-16-2010, 04:40 AM
BBBB Beaver the Ghost Chilies plants are looking good.shkn

WOW, now that is some nasty S@it, it would be cool (oxymoron) huh1 if they were as hot (oxymoron) huh1 as those from India.

kevin - the professor
07-16-2010, 01:04 PM
ok - I get it now. I am a tex-mex food man, but anything hotter than that is out of my league. Jalapenos, not habanero's. They are really mostly used in Cuban and some farther south stuff, as well as Indian and S.E. Asian.
I am a wimp by those standards.

I am a loooooong ways from a master smith, but I can forge weld really well and I have just gotten a hydraulic press. So, I have been bitten very hard by the damascus bug, and I have been doing multi-bar constructions by hand for the past year, and now I will be doing them by press (thank God).

I haven't had any real experience except what I could derive from the net or make up in my garage. I need tons of time watching and doing with real folks.

I have started working a little with jd smith in Boston, but only a little.

I will definitely drop by some time in the next few weeks. I am not teaching this summer, so I am open all the time, almost. Also, I do not get paid if I don't teach, and people are willing to pay me to make them p-welded seaxes and stuff, so I am working a lot. The hobby has turned into a way to make up the pay gap since my class did not have enough enrollment this summer for the univ. to let it go forward. Graduate students are too broke these days to go to school in the summer, they are working and trying to pay for the rest of the year. This leaves me with a lot more time and a little less money that I was supposed to have.

On the bright side, I am getting a lot of knifemaking done.

thanks for the warm greeting....

kc

Indian George
07-16-2010, 03:24 PM
You have't seen warm yet. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Wayne Coe
07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Looks like this "Professor" is gona fit right in, don't it?

Indian George
07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Looks like this "Professor" is gona fit right in, don't it?

Is that scary or what????????oh no! 1

T Blade
07-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Good time at IG's yesterday, didn't drink too much beer or whiskey or rum. I actually had more water than alcohol, which means I drank a whole lot of water :D

As usual we had great Portagee food, good job Wa..Wa..Wally.

Phil Dwyer
07-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Yup, forged a few blades, ate lots of good food, tried to side step as much twisted humor as possible, and visited with some great guys. THANKS George, you're quite the host! Sorry about skipping out on KP. Hey, I did pick up after your pack of dogs several times though...and that ain't no picnic. Thanks for sharing your sweetheart with me. ;)

:bud: http://knifedogs.com/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=1899 :bud: http://knifedogs.com/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=1899 :bud:

T Blade
07-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Phil,

It was nice seeing you again, yeah IG is one twisted individual :eek:, though you can't deny that he's a great host :running dog:

I will be able to salvage that Damascus piece I ground all of the forge scale off of, though it will end up about an 1" shorter and a 1/4" less wide, which actually will put it closer to the dimensions that I had envisioned :D.

Indian George
07-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Sweetheart makes a good Mascot.:D When you get a big box from me it will be the dirty pots and pans. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Scar, did really well, made a cable billet and forge it into one good size blade and one small one.

stabber
07-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Any pics?:confused:

Indian George
07-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Nope!!!:unsure:huh1

T Blade
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Stabber, no cameras at Wa..Wa..Wally's last Saturday, too bad. ooops

stabber
07-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Sure! I don't go or the time Jeff went and no incriminating pics??:D

Phil Dwyer
07-22-2010, 09:19 AM
It's true there were many photo ops,, but I don't believe it occurred to a single one of us to snap photos. Sorry. From my perspective the main visuals of note were the many living tattoo billboard walking about the place. There was enough colored ink on flesh to paint the town I believe. Quite spectacular really! The other snapshot worthy item of growing fame was Indian George's new Sweetheart. She's a fickle gal of a different feather, and played with all the guys there...a real lovebird!