Yet another............rasp knife

Justin W.

Hey Guys! Here is a WIP for a knife I'm making for a family friend. It is quite different in design and draws a lot of influence from the leaf spring utility knife that Im in the process of making for myself. The steel is yet another farriers rasp and the handle is made from zebra wood. I'm going to wood burn the customers name into the handle (by his request) and probably go with a red stain of some sort to make the brass pins POP. This knife still has a bit of work needed before it's finished but I wanted to show everyone the progressIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0015.JPGIMG_0016.JPGIMG_0017.JPG

Alright guys this is what I came up with I tried a dark red stain and it stained the wood this carmel color but i dont mind . Im pretty happy with this one and am excited to work out some of the kinks in this blade design so I can make a better one in the futureIMG_0020.JPGIMG_0021.JPGas per usual my pictures are not the greatest so if I get an overcast day before this one goes to the customer I will get some better pics

Back