Which one do you prefer, blonde or red head

SVanderkolff

Two liner lock folders, same basic pattern. 6 1/2" open3 1/2" closed. Both with Mr Matt Walker's incredible damascus, both blades and bolsters. Scales are mammoth tooth, scale screws are gold plated.
Which one do you prefer and why?
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• double-tooth-1.jpg
    double-tooth-1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 61
  • double-tooth-2.jpg
    double-tooth-2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 49
  • double-tooth-3.jpg
    double-tooth-3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 51
Red. I just like the colors the blond just seems sort of black and white but both are very nice.

WOW Steve , those are both beautiful knives. If I had to choose one it would be the blond. Im a knife user , and if I buy a knife it's going to get carried. I like the dual bolster config on the blond better for protecting the Mammoth Tooth. I would have made the rear bolster just a tad wider , but thats JMHO.

I like blondes and redheads but in your pictures, the redhead really stands out! :1:

I would prefer the yellow tooth. Mammoth tooth can be fragile and the red would not have enough protection being bare headed.

Steve,
Both are very nice. My choice is the red, I like the grain of the mammoth running perpendicular to the length of the knife, the longer bolster on the front with the really nice pattern. The only thing I would add is a bolster on the back end, just like the blonde, to protect the scales. I do like the the roundness of the front of the bolsters on the red one as opposed to the more square ones on the blonde model.
Like 'em both really well, just the red one grabbed me.
Just my two cents worth.
Bruce

I'm the opposite of Bruce on this one. I like the way the grain flows with the handle and the blade on the blonde better. I like the double bolster too. Both look great though!

Steve, great job on both.
I like the blonde ,compliments the darker blade better in my opinion.
mitch

Back