two handed tactical short sword

Hi everybody.
My two brothers and I have been making blades for some time, but are somewhat new to the "Forums"
we have some loyal customers, but would like to expand, and offer our products to a larger audience.
here are some pics of one of our favorite models, and it's just about done. I am not sure on the finish yet. Most swords of this type we would powder cote, or gunkote, but I am thinking about a satin, or parkerized finish. I know I know "Tactical" is way overused, but I use the term more to describe the style of the blade. which maybe historicaly inspired, but is made with more modern materials.

For this sword we use 5/16 thick 5160 spring steel Rc 56 in an atmosphere furnace.
The overall length is 26in. the blade is 2 1/4in wide x 17in long at the hilt. the one in the pictures is flat ground all the way to zero. when I get a few more done, along with the kydex sheaths, I will post more pics.

a customer just sent us some pictures of one of our swords in use, so I hope to have a flickr photostream up and running soon. like I said I am just getting used to all these different forums and photo sites. thanks for looking.
IMG_9258.jpgIMG_9260.jpgIMG_9264.jpgIMG_9267.jpgIMG_9268.jpgIMG_9270.jpgIMG_9274.jpgIMG_9276.jpgIMG_9280.jpg

Nice work, look forward to seeing your other pieces when you get a chance to post pics of them.

Back