Two big bowies for Blade Tx

jkf96a

I've been working on two fairly major projects for the last four or five months for Blade Tx in February. Finally done!

The first one is the "Border Bowie Multi bar Damascus with explosion on the top bar and twisted W’s on the bottom bar, with a bar down the middle that contains steel from the border wall. Let the customer decide if the United States is the twisted side or the exploding side lol.
The D guard on this one is from two wrought iron artifacts from an 1870s army camp down near Harlingen Texas.
The coin spacers are 1848 for the Mexican-American war and 2023 for the current ongoing border issue.
Handle is mesquite burl. 8” blade, 13.5” OAL.

I participated in the project to donate a knife back to the Battleship Texas foundation, and so I get to use the "leftover" materials to make knives for regular sale. This one is ship steel clad over 360 layer damascus with a nickel layer. The fittings are ship steel, and the handle is a composite block of end grain ship deck wood. The coin spacers are 1914 and 1948 half dollars for the ship's active years.

I'll be at table 5K. Hope to see some of y'all there!

Back