thin blade ore thick ??

graveyard

im thinking for first sword something to work with. heavy thick blade ore thin semi flexable with would slice best but not need to be sharpe after ever use & tuff

I have been watching this thread since it came out and will tell you why no one is answering. Your question comes across like it was written by a fifth grader. And it appears you didn't do any research on what style or kind of blade you want to make. Maybe you did. I can't tell. Plus no background on your experience level. Are you forging this or stock removal? I would suggest doing some research on this site and others. i forge iron comes to mind. I am a member there too and it has a lot of valuable information. And my own two cents... I have been on the forge for abut 3 years now and sword making is an advanced level project to undertake. I thought I could just crank one out and I was wrong... I have taken a class in knife making and once I get some more experience and get my skills up a bit, I will look into taking a class on swords. Until then I will keep making knifes, hooks, small tools, etc...

Back