Ted's Smallshop KITH

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
A package was on my doorstep this morning and the unboxing revealed the first of the semi production "Cowboy" knives that Ted has been working so hard to perfect for the semi production this one will be the fore runner of.
This is a stout little knife being just 6 1/2 in over all length with 2 1/4 in blade. The perfect slight hollow ground blade makes for a keen cutting edge despite the 1/8 in thick A2 blade being only 3/4 wide at the plunge.
The handle will allow for much more leverage than its appearance might suggest with the nicely rounded butt being 3/4 wide and 3/4 high with radiused edges leading down to the 3/8 x 3/8 front which has a complex copper and brass pin to complement the the copper lanyard tube at the rear. There is a pannel of checkering in the bone coloured handle that will afford some grip help if slippery hands are at work. It came in a very functional pocket sheath that has been formed to hod the knife against loss with a nice 'boning' line under the handle which almost snaps when the knife is inserted.
A very presentable little knife that I am proud to have and if this is the standard that Ted holds to then he has a winner when production kicks off.
Thanks Ted. I will treasure this knife
uwnJDWul.jpg

aDtqWz9l.jpg

2WEhQQzl.jpg

Wow that is awesome how is the texture put on the handle
I did that on a cnc mill...I am currently thinking of making that the standard model as it helps greatly if the knife is wet (or bloody...I think I could easily skin a deer with it...just haven't tried it yet.)
I think I can improve the checkering a bit. Garry got my first production attempt...I wanted him to have a version of my knife that matched his lifestyle a bit...hunter, outdoorsman...

That is a fantastic design with a lot of beautiful details. To my eye, it reminds me of one of my favorite edc knives I ever carried, The Woodswalker, only Ted has improved on it in every way.

Ted you did a fine job on that blade. CNC mill. I wish I had your money. I'd be happy with a worn out Bridgeport.

Back