Stand

Yeah that looks awesome. Frankly though I just have mine mounted to a wall as I have used up all my bench space.

Yeah that looks awesome. Frankly though I just have mine mounted to a wall as I have used up all my bench space.
I have mine mounted to a mobile stand, in a vise. This will be a nice upgrade to that arrangement and using it to cut horizontal will be nice.

I've been toying with the idea too. I just don't have the room. I like the idea of being able to cut like a more traditional bandsaw.

That's a great price! I have been eyeing one of these. I like the one you posted better!

And One of these.

I made my own table for mine, but it's a pain to undo the table to swap blades because the saw is held to the table by the screws. The HF version looks like it supports the saw itself, so the table will be easier to take on and off. It looks like it will work well to cut tube and angle as well and get straight cuts!

Attachments

• portaband table.jpg
    portaband table.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 5
I made my own table for mine, but it's a pain to undo the table to swap blades because the saw is held to the table by the screws. The HF version looks like it supports the saw itself, so the table will be easier to take on and off. It looks like it will work well to cut tube and angle as well and get straight cuts!
Turn the table 180° so the blade slot is to the front - that allows the blade to be changed with table in place. When I first mounted my portaband to table I did the same as you, put the slot to back requiring table to be removed for blade change. that HF stand really does look slick, when my local HF gets it in stock it's gonna be hard to pass up.

That's a great price! I have been eyeing one of these. I like the one you posted better!

And One of these.

I have that SWAG Off Road for my DeWalt Porta-Band and I love it!

Back