Some new pieces 2...

J. Neilson

025_92166.jpg

Hand-rubbed 52100 Bowie with "high" guard in N-S (matching hardware), Desert Ironwood Burl throat and Amber Sambar Stag Crown.

048.jpg

Carving set in "antiqued" Saw-blade steel with Santoku blade profile, Cocobola scales and SS bolts.

014_361065.jpg

"Whisker" Belt knife with file-worked thumb rest on a BB Damascus blade with Curly Koa handle scales and SS bolts.

014_2.jpg

W-pattern damascus blade with a wrought iron guard, Stabilized Giraffe bone throat with black spacer and a handle of Stabilized Redwood Burl with etched pin.

013_179113.jpg

"Neck Thorn" neck knife in "antiqued" 1084 with Kydex sheath.

That is some excellent work there but I do wonder why you paired a Santoku with a carving fork?
A Santoku is for working on a board, A carver of 1" to 1 1/2" max in height by 8-10" is what you want for carving a roast, Ham or bird, Or working on a grill.

I imagine you wish to sell that set? So I would make another blade out of that Saw material if you have any more? Then you would have a set of three to sell.

I have specialized in Culinary cutlery for over 15 years by Stock removal and I can see you're a Master Smith. Still if I can help you in any way?
Feel free to give me a email or call!

Just trying to help!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/
www.westsidesharpening.com/

Hey Laurence,
No sweat. I've done carving set with French and German Chef knives as well but, I have had a few requests for sets like this. This is one of several I have left already sold..... plus, who likes rules anyway.

Eric, the finish is done with a combination of yellow mustard and Clorox bleach. Drop me a PM and I'd be glad to run you through the process.
J.

That is some excellent work there but I do wonder why you paired a Santoku with a carving fork?
A Santoku is for working on a board, A carver of 1" to 1 1/2" max in height by 8-10" is what you want for carving a roast, Ham or bird, Or working on a grill.

I imagine you wish to sell that set? So I would make another blade out of that Saw material if you have any more? Then you would have a set of three to sell.

I have specialized in Culinary cutlery for over 15 years by Stock removal and I can see you're a Master Smith. Still if I can help you in any way?
Feel free to give me a email or call!

Just trying to help!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/
www.westsidesharpening.com/

Back