Sneak Peak at my latest project...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's two quick pics of a project that's long overdue. :) I'm trying to sneak a few minutes here and there on this between orders everyday to get this done. Not too far away from the finish line now.

Hey Bruce. Yeah it's Steve's pivot. No bearings in this one but the screws are his too..........all titanium and VERY nice. His stuff is as precise as it gets.

I have to harden the blade and cut the lock and this one is about wrapped up.

I got to see some of Steves pivots at Jims last month. They look crisp and clean. They would be my choice too.
Anxious to see your folder finished.

Yeah, I'm anxious too. I've got other commitments to finish too.

I will be hardening the blade here in about an hour or so, along with a few others. :)

The knife will have black g-10 bolsters and backspacer. I had planned for some nice wood scales but it's SO hot and humid here right now and all the wood scales I tried kept warping after a day or so. They are curling up away from the liners. I tried nice rosewood first, then stabilized koa, then the old standby, desert ironwood. Now, the gaps were pretty darn tiny.........but those of you that know me know that I'm a perfectionist and gaps between scale and liner won't do. :)

So I went with olive green g-10 scales and black g-10 bolsters and backspacer. I Guess I've crossed over and went...............and I shudder to use the word.............'tactical' on this one. :D

Yep, You've crossed the line now, made a tactical folder! With Black G10 no less. I,ve made some liner locks but it's been along time. I,ve made hundreds of stainless and micarta hunters. I figure if we are knife makers, we make knives that will sell. Some folks like stainless and titanium. What is your blade steel?

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Blade steel is w2, though no hamon on this one. It is fully hardened. I got it heat treated yesterday. Now to cut and fit the lock, place my detent and shape and finish the scales. Probably be next week now before I'm at it again.

I still have to cut the lock and fit it and do a final polish on everything. I haven't had much chance to get back to this lately. Other things are getting in the way. :D

Soon, Bruce..................soon. ;)

Back