Recently completed liner-lock folders

bladerunner

First (on left) is a 4" Casey Damascus feather blade with mammoth ivory scales.
The second is a 3" Casey Feather Damascus blade with meteorite bolsters, pearl scales and an opal thumb-stud stone.
The third is also Casey Feather Damascus steel and the scales are Tasmanian Eucalyptus Fiddleback Burl scales.

Thanks for looking!! :1:

Beautiful work Kevin. I really like the TE burl

Thanks Keith for your kind comment. The Tas Burl on that one is probably the finest wood I've ever come across. I have not be able to find any other with such a fine exotic figure. Bought a turners block many years ago and it sat on my self untouched and encased in wax. When I finally one day did cut into I discovered what I really had. If you one actually hold it in your hand it looks 3D and almost shimmers. :D

Very nice folders. I'm digging the mammoth. Probably more to do with the overall shape than the materials. It just looks so handy.

DeMo

Kevin, those are fantastic! I'm not sure which is my favorite. That is some stunning figure on that wood but that ivory is pretty fantastic too. Your feather damascus is always top notch and the blue anodizing is such a nice touch.

Yeah, I think the wood one is my favorite.

Thanks for showing these.

DeMo and John thanks for your good words. Mammoth is one of my favorite materials for sure!! And I still have some if the Tas Burl I'm hoarding for another day. ;)

Back