Question About How UsaKnifeMaker Ships Steel

ares1307

Before it gets suggested, I tried to call, but I didn't get home until 3 (which is 5 cst). I want to order some blade steel, just a few feet, but I wanted to know how they ship it before I made the purchase. I'm only ordering 4 feet, but I've never ordered steel online, so do they cut it into 12 inch lengths or ship the whole 4 feet intact? I know some places will cut the steel to your specific lengths free of charge, is this something that usaknifemaker does as well? Thanks for any info.

Hey Ares1307, I replied to your thread on bladeforums, but saw you posted a different question here. If you just order online from USAKnifemaker, they'll ship you the 4 foot bar uncut. I'm almost POSITIVE that if you call them, they'll cut it for you for free or a minimal fee. Maybe a dollar or two a cut. Bottom line, give 'em a call.

BTW, 1307 was a great year. Some good was done that year, the same needs to be done again today.

This is exactly correct. Have it your way....

Hey Ares1307, I replied to your thread on bladeforums, but saw you posted a different question here. If you just order online from USAKnifemaker, they'll ship you the 4 foot bar uncut. I'm almost POSITIVE that if you call them, they'll cut it for you for free or a minimal fee. Maybe a dollar or two a cut. Bottom line, give 'em a call.

BTW, 1307 was a great year. Some good was done that year, the same needs to be done again today.

Thanks Boss Dog! Do I need to wait and make my order over the phone, or can I checkout now online and email or call with the length specs?

When you check out, leave a comment in the box that is provided during check out. It's pretty routine for us.

Back