palm wood/ hamon

franklin

Been wanting to finish this one up for awhile, pretty happy with it.
1095 , 1/8 inch
3 1/4 blade
palm wood scales
carbon thong tube
All coments welcome, hope ya like!

Attachments

• 100_3361.jpg
    100_3361.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_3365.jpg
    100_3365.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 44
Dwane i used furnace cement, and uncle billy palm wood rocks. Its my first time using it and really like it.
I am putting wood sealer on it right now and looks good so far how do you finish yours?
thanks for the comments.

franklin:198919 said:
Dwane i used furnace cement, and uncle billy palm wood rocks. Its my first time using it and really like it.
I am putting wood sealer on it right now and looks good so far how do you finish yours?
thanks for the comments.

the first one I finished it with super glue because I was concerned about splinters. It worked great. After that I had some stabilized and liked that better.

Thanks percy.
Guys any thought on the carbon thong tube, do you guys like these or not so much, debating on using it more.

Thanks percy.
Guys any thought on the carbon thong tube, do you guys like these or not so much, debating on using it more.

What is it made from , carbon fiber ? it looks great with the dark colors of the wood.
Where did you get it , I want some.

That's a nice looking knife Franklin. The carbon thong tube kind of gets lost in the pictures. Perhaps if the wood were lighter it would show better. I have been thinking of trying that myself, but I have been waiting on the right combo to try it.

Dwane it is a 55/75 gold tip arrow, i work on bows,make strings exetra,always have old or broken ones around.
If you don't shoot just go to local archery club and you will find tons for free.
Lagrange i guess you are right doesnt pop, but did not want it to over shadow scales. would look pretty wicked thoe with some birdseye maple, what ya think?

Thanks percy.

Very nice little worker you have there Franklin, It look's very Handy!
I too have a Love for black Palmwood and have some Stabilized on it's way back from K & G Supply.

As far as the Carbon Steel thong tube is concerned, To me it's a bad place to use non-stainless, if you get stuff stuck in there or just plan moisture could bring rust into and under the scales. Even with a leather strap in it.
Time will tell and that would be an area for you to watch for problems.
Keep up the great work!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

rhino not carbon steel, carbon fiber from a arrow. its water proof so unless you get condensation witch would be the same as stainless,
don't think there would be any problems.

Back