One step at a time

backtines

Hey guys , Its been a while since Ive put anything up since my mom got sick . I have'nt made a knife in 6 months. I made this knife for a friends son back in June , but never had the time or the right head to go downstairs to finish it . After mom passed in the beggining of this month , Im finally starting to try and move forward so I went downstairs Monday and put some final finishing on the knife and I made the sheath.

The knife is 1095, with some brass and copper for the bolster . Stabilized wood ( which did shrink a bit after 6 months. I had to take down the spine and finger swells for final finish ) Some file work up top and the blade is about 8".

Hey guys thanks again for understanding. Its gonna take some time to get back into the swing of things , but all I can do is take it one step at a time .

Thanks Mikey D

Hello Mikey D,

Super glad to see you back in the shop and this one looks great! I like the whole package with spaulted Maple and the multi-tone bolster & file work.

Things will pickup in due time and knife making it not the kind of thing you want to make yourself do.

It can be too dangerous if you aren't focused.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Mikey,
If I thought taking 6 months off, from knifemaking, would make my work look that nice I would do it in a heartbeat. I know that you had alot on your plate in that time and it is really good to see you back at it and this combo is just down right beautiful.

Wade

Thanks for the nice comments guys , You guys are awesome . I hope to meet you all someday just so we can sit back and have a beer together .

Nice job! I like the flow of the design and combination of materials. Much of life is one step at a time. Nice step.

Good looking knife and sheath, nice combination of materials that work well together.
It's a pain when that timber shrinks, I've had a couple of handles do that to me recently.

Good looking knife and sheath, nice combination of materials that work well together.
It's a pain when that timber shrinks, I've had a couple of handles do that to me recently.

Yup , now that Im looking back , I think I got the wood too hot in my shaping and sanding on the belt. It showed up moths later with the shrinkage. Ill pay more attention to that next time.

sorry about your mom. The knife is one good looking piece,good job. Buy the way did i tell you guys i work at a beer warehouse? :) Ask boss lol

So sorry to hear about your loss. Knifemaking can be good therapy for you. I really like the knife and sheath. Hang in there and keep cranking out beautiful knives!

Back