Old and new

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
Have some from my old patterns ready to go and some from new
The Safari knives seem to hold thier appeal so these two will be away in the morning. One with buffalo horn and the other with eucalyptus handles over brass bolsters
5EIWQdYl.jpg

The Light hunter is a pattern I carry myself on the hill so this one with acacia handle will get a similar use when it arrives at its new home.
6l1meBhl.jpg

For the new patterns
I also did a couple of trial knives with one being a fillleting knife and as I hadn't done one so long and so narrow in the blade I have left it as a 400grit belt finish. It has a 6in x 1/8 12C27 stainless with olive canvas micarta handles
pFpikYcl.jpg

A filleting knife is used after a fishing trip so I though I would do a fishing knife as well so this one has a 4 1/4 in x 1/8 in 12C27 blade with natural canvas micarta handles. I will change the ahndle for the next one with the front of it more in line with the plunge line and will reposition the pins to follow the same pattern.
ArW6q0bl.jpg

And just to finish out the grinding session I tried a table knife or steak knife with a 5 inch x .075 12C27 which was all ground post heat treat which was another first for me
Red G10 liners under the black paper micarta handle with 3/32 stainless pins
fXqB4FLl.jpg

VVylFuFl.jpg

I have to say, your knives look like they just want to be used!
Easy to see why the Safari is popular, great, flowing lines there.

I love em. The black and red is a stunner
I made one for myself and it makes for a good eating knife so this one is away to my US agent to try. He mentioned a set so will see what comes of it as I am not sure yet if a set is a pair or a set of 6. I got the paper micarta in 3/8 thick pieces and by spliting it and putting the spacer on the uncut side after scratch sandng both surfaces I have just the right thickness when it is all bought to smooth and the edges eased.
Thought that if a set was 6 then 3 pair with red, white and blue liners might be a visual effect that works.

Back