Non identical twins

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I finished these two today.
Sandvik 14C28N @ 59 Rc,.75" x 2.5" blades hand finished to 400 grit.
Titanium liners and bolsters.
Maroon and natural linen micarta.

I like them both Calvin. That would be a hard decision on which to carry unless you put one is each front pocket!

They're just perfect Calvin...real eye candy. If I may ask, any particular reason you chose to use Sandvik 14C28N ?
I'm just trying to learn more about why guys happen to use this or that steel.
Thanks, GWF

Last edited:
They're just perfect Calvin...real eye candy. If I may ask, any particular reason you chose to use Sandvik 14C28N ?
I'm just trying to learn more about why guys happen to use this or that steel.
Thanks, GWF
Sandvik developed this steel for Kershaw as a replacement for their 13c26 that Kershaw was using. Kershaw wanted a steel that was more stain resistant an better at edge holding. Sandvik and Kershaw working together came up with 14C28N,Kershaw had exclusive rights to it for two years, now anyone can buy it. I started using it about a year ago and like it,it's easy to heat treat and does hold an edge real well. I have been using a folder I made with this steel for about 6 months now and really like it.

Calvin. Nice knives, you do nice work. Interesting thumb studs, did you make them? Dan
Thank you for your kind words.
Yes I made the thumb studs,I make all of my thumb studs.i use my Shearline lathe and then hand checker them with a 51 lines per inch checkering file. Making the thumb studs are my favorite part of making locking liner knives.

Man they look ugly.... send them to me and I’ll dispose them for you.
Got to make sure it’s done properly :biggrin:

Back