Newbie from NC

jonathan creason

Hey guys, I just happened to stumble on this forum today and had to sign right up. I'm a beginning knife builder, only stock removal knives so far. I really want to get into forging blades, but I've pretty much got 0 budget to invest in getting started. Gonna try Jerry rigging what I need out of what I already have until I can save up a little cash to get the proper equipment. Anyway, it's nice to be here. Thank you all for the information you put out here.

Welcome! Where in NC are you located. PM me and we can see what we can do about helping you with some equipment.

That's how we all got started! Jumping in with both feet is most of the battle.

Welcome to Knife Dogs!

Welcome! I wanted to forge when I got started but was in the same position you are as far as equipment. I did eventually get the stuff and forged knives for several years but am back to stock removal now and love the precision that I can achieve with it. If you want to forge then go for it, but there is a lot to learn and enjoy doing stock removal.

Welcome to the forum hope you all are ok I saw on the news today about the devastation with all the tornados very sad day . Kellyw

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. There's tons of info on here, so I need to spend some time reading and learning, and hopefully I'll be able to show some progress soon.

Hellgap, thankfully I'm west of were all the major damage was. It's going to take people down that way a while to rebuild from this one.

Gahagan, PM sent.

Back