New to the forum.

T

Thomas Carey

Hello all. I just found out about the forum from K.l. Byrd. I used to be seriously into knives and still collect and carry them. =) A few months ago at a gun show someone was selling those new Work Sharp electric sharpeners and I just had to have one. I love it and it's sort of re sparked my knife interest. =)

Best sharpener I have ever had. Works great and fast. Not only do I use it one knives but I use it free hand on gardeners tools for my mother who is a master gardener. In fact I last used it one a large pair of loppers for her. I purchased several extra belts when I got it but I have yet to use up the originals that came with it. When I saw it at the gun show from afar I knew I wanted. As soon as I saw it was pretty much a mini belt grinder I knew it would work. When I talked to the rep that was selling them about the grits etc it re affirmed my initial impression. Plus as I was a dealer at the show selling mostly gun books. I was able to get it for wholesale. The guy selling them was a professional knife/tool sharpener and I guess he had known the man behind it for several years which is the fellow that invented the drill doctor. So he was able to be the first distributor/dealer for them. I had never seen a single ad etc for them until after I got mine. They sold so many it boggled my mind. The show was at Des Moines IA. We personally did so bad there at the show which was I first time there it was the first and last time for us. Most of the dealers were not doing that well either as people just were not spending the money in general. But those sharpeners had everyone captivated and they were breaking out the money for them. To demonstrate them they were sharpening knives for free which of course really upset the people there that charge for that. In speaking with the man selling them it was the first gun show they had ever sold at and they had not at that point set up at any knife shows. They had no idea that people would want to buy them in such large numbers and almost sold out of everything they brought in. They brought in their entire inventory just in case which was very smart on their part. My father and I encouraged them to do some knife shows which we used to do as well as gun shows such as the Indy 1500 which I am sure they would sell out at.

Back