New Saddlehorn

percy

I make more of these saddlehorns than any other folder. I do some large front lock but not the same number as these. These fit nice in the front pocket and easy to carry.
6 1/4 inches long with a 2 3/4 inch blade. I had I think 50 sets of these cut out by GLWJ a while back and it sure beats having to sit and cut them out.
This one has 410 liners and 416 bolsters with the old Rad Micarta from the 70's on the handle.
This one is all screw construction except the pivot pin there it is a 1/8. It just looks cleaner than the screw for a pivot to me. Most customers don't care but I like it better.
My pictures aren't very good but you can get the idea with it sitting on a beaver tail piece of leather.

Tell me what you think either way it is good to hear for you.

PercyDSCN0445.jpg

Percy, I like it. I'm studying folders as I hope to start my first one when I get back to shore. Any chance you could show it folded, and from the spine? I'm trying to learn how the lock/spring works on slippys. Thanks!

I only took the one picture and the customer left with it.
Sorry the next one I will later this week.

Thanks Phil it walks and talks great. CPM 154 heat treated to 59 so it should hold up very well.
Have a great week.
Percy

Looks great Percy! I'm gonna have to make me a saddle horn model one day. I especially like that blad shape,is it hollow ground?

Calvin yes it is hollow ground. I am the worst at taking pictures for sure. Hollow ground almost to the top of the blade.
Sorry about the picture I am going to have to build me a light box and not wait until the light is right outside. Most of the
time I get it wrong or the light changes just when I get it set.
Have a great weekend.
Percy

Back