new knife maker

J

Josiah Solberg

Howdy folks. Just got back from the 2011 Central Florida Hammer-In, and boy did I get an education! What a great bunch of folks and what an awesome line of "work" that we all have in common. I learned so much about different steels and how to forge. I was blown away that so many professionals were ready and willing to give their steel, knowledge, and patience so freely. It was an extremely facilitative learning environment. A great knife was made by amateurs with pro guidance and raffled off, and kerry won it. Congrats brother! I cant thank Todd, Frank, Stan, Rob, Mike, Josh, Joe and all the other professionals enough for making this thing real for this beginner. I Just ordered my first 5 feet of 1" thick Inswool and first 55 lbs of Satanite for my new forge that I'm building out of an old water heater tank. We'll see how it goes. I'll post pics from the Hammer-In on my Facebook page.
Again, I'm glad to be here.

Josiah Solberg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see ya here Josie !

This site is nothing more than a giant version of the HI with thousands of makers willing to freely share info and feed your knifemaking addiction.

Shoptalk, Hot Metal, and the Heat treating forums should be everyday reading for ya.

Read... Learn... Post questions and learn some more buddy, Thats what the forums are all about !

Give me a call next time you'll be up at Patrick and we'll get together

Take care, Josh

Back