New Kid in Town

Watt Doctor

I've put together a few kit knives over the past several years. Now, I find myself wanting more. In fact, I recently tore apart a perfectly good Trapper just to make a pattern and attempt to put it back together. Over the past year, I've spent time organizing my garage. It became a dumping ground for my wife and kids while I was out of the country. During my absence, I made a promise that I would upgrade my equipment, and spend some money on knife making education upon my return to the real world. I don't make it a habit of lying to others, however, after trips to Europe, Cabo San Lucas, college for my older daughter, etc, etc, etc I've had to come clean and admit that I put a lower priority on knife making than I intended. As a result, the symptoms of my knife making withdrawals have been servere. Daydreaming about how I can "make this work, or if I had that tool, I could do that" has turned into an obsession. So, I picked up the phone, and called a few knife makers to find out if there is a cure. One maker described this problem as a "disease". To which I replied, "Well, I don't have hair growing on my palms, a rash, blurred vision, nor am I receiving messages from the Mother Ship, but I know exactly how you feel. I've come to the conclusion that there is no cure. So, I'm presenting myself to the members of this community, admitting that I'm powerless over my addiction to knife making, and asking for help. In return, I will support and encourage others, who like me, suffer from this disease. Thanks Administrator for letting me into the community. Thanks in advance to all moderators, and fellow members for your support. I'm looking forward to it. Meanwhile, I best get back to my day job which is Maintenance Electrician at a CoGen Plant near Houston, TX.

Hey Sparky, welcome to pack.
Only been to the US once and that was to Houston to do a course at Living Water International. Met a lot of friendly people over there.

Dino

Glad to see another electrician in the works, I like you put off knife making for years while working as a construction wireman, retired a few yrs. ago and built a shop dedicated to knife craft. There is no cure.

We got another one to add to the "Texas Gulf Coast Gang"! Welcome aboard. This is a great place.

Bill

Welcome aboard! It's a great place to feed your addiction when you can't be actually making knives! Good to have another Texan on board!!

Back