New in Kansas

Hi everyone!
My name's Ryan. I'm new to the forum and new to Kansas... Originally from VA, spent the past year in Florida, and now in Kansas for the next 3. Not sure how I feel about Kansas yet.
Made my first knife about 13 years ago, been just a hobby until recently when I started getting tons of orders. Still part a part-time maker, I have other obligations that prevent me from going full time.
Have a Facebook page if you'd like to check it out. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion of my work. Oh yea and thank everyone for this great community with so much awesome info.

Here's a few photos...
3e6838231558eba8d945d127b3872204.jpg
35c2c13a4041ac555c954846a32dc877.jpg
c033283bb86fc808f6da83e2345a591a.jpg
f9d2bad83c455f1277efeb8bb08044e1.jpg
bc339b7f564fbccad3572c24780d024f.jpg

Stratis,
WELCOME! This is KD's and we love to have a little fun here.
I was born in Emporia Ks and all I remember was that it was cold and flat!;)

Welcome to Knife Dogs, Stratus. There's a great bunch of guys and gals here. You have some really nice knives there, hope to see more.

Wow nice looking blades Stratis. I have a buddy that assigned there as well. From what I ember that area is pretty and FLAT. LOL

Yeah, just what we need. One more guy that makes awesome blades just to make mine look bad.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Welcome to KD. I have many family members living in KS. I have been to Ft. Riley several times. We hold our family reunion at Lake Milford every year.

Being in Kansas you should seriously look into this custom knife organization. If I lived closer, I would be all in.

http://www.kansasknives.org/

DeMo

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

There are actually surprising a lot more hills here then I was expecting. I was thinking Kansas = flat corn field, not the flint hills lol

Thanks DeMo, I'll definitely be looking into the KCKA.

My dad was stationed in Ft Riley when I was a kid. We lived just outside Chapman, Kansas. It's a nice area. There are way more hills in that area than I'll ever see here in North Dakota!

-Aaron

Absolutely check out the KCKA. I believe the next meeting will be in April in Witchita. Both JPSWorks and myself are members and we continually bug a one Mr. Justin Presson about joining. :biggrin:
Chris

Absolutely check out the KCKA. I believe the next meeting will be in April in Witchita. Both JPSWorks and myself are members and we continually bug a one Mr. Justin Presson about joining.
Chris
Dang called out again! I'm gonna make it one of these times.

Back