my interpretation of the schrade sharpfinger

Shane Wink

As a kid I was introduced at an early age to the schrade sharpfinger and have found it to be a great time tested skinning knife but being able to express its attributes in a new and unique platform is what drives me to learn more and take on bigger challenges.

The blade is from the first piece of random pattern 1080/15N20 Damascus I forged last month and the scales are thuya. I buffed the blade out after etching in fc to lighten its look. The buyer requested the scales and contrast.

I have made many of these Skinner's but dressed in Damascus just adds to its flare and has become a personal favorite. Funny how as a Knifemaker I don't even have one of my own LOL!

Sharpfinger interpretation.jpg

Sharpfinger 2-1.jpg

Sorry for the cellphone pic but i decided to share it just before mailing it off.

Last edited:
Ya, I wish that you had a bit better picture too. I bet that looks real nice up close and personal. Great lines on the knife. I just wish the watering of the damascus showed up a bit better. The buyer's got to love that one.

Doug

Last edited:
I added another pic Doug. You know Dan told me I need to setup a photo Booth and I think I will make it a priority.

Thank you as well Doug. I figured I would post it just to let others know that I do make them and not just comment but its not ment to be a look at me post as I am a new Guy as well.

Looks good Shane..The sharpfinger is one of my favorite patterns..I really like your take on it.

God bless

Back