My Hog Killer!!

Guindesigns

this knife is for a man that goes in an kills hog since they are a big problem in Louisiana. so over all length is 13 3/4 inchs. and the blade length is 8 inchs. its 154 CPM and orange n black g-10 handles i based it off one of my dads off knives and well here it is any question plz post be more than happy to answer them. n it is only my fourth knife so keep that in mind when asking plz i dont know eveything or bearly stranching the surface. with a rattlesnake knot landyard with black n glow tracers.
032.jpg033.jpg034.jpg035.jpg036.jpg037.jpg038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg041.jpg

-Young Pup

Last edited:
I think it's a good design well done. IMHO That's a difficult grind that you kept consistent and even on both sides of the blade. How thick was the stock and is it it 154 CPM?

I hate to criticize knife that has been so beautifully made but I would have put more of a guard on it to keep the user's hand from slipping over the blade if it's wet. Other than that, you did a great job.

Doug

i tryed to but do to my a mis happens during profiling i had to go with that. but the orginal design had a bigger gruad.but i thought about that and the handle itself was shapped though to help with that problem.

-Young Pup

Nice blade and good job. Who did your heat treat? I am in West Monroe and have made a few hog knives for folks but rarely get the chance to go. I think from my limited experience with putting a few down that everything looks good. The tip looks strong enough to get through the plate and hide if you make a bad cut and the blade is long enough to get to the vitals so again I would say Kudos!

It looks good to me!
I have made similar knives with the guard made out of the micarta for hog hunters. Here is one i made about 10 years ago.ms.jpg
The picture won't enlarge to full size? You can see the guard thou.

Perhaps if you round out the index finger notch a little more on your small wheel attachment you may improve the hand purchase and strength of the guard?

I like your knife and you should be proud.:s11798:

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

thanks laurence i feel great about this knife n how it came out. and yes i see the guard i have a few on the bench that will have almost the same thing.

well thanks everyone. thought u might want to see one of the hog killer brothers is smaller at about 8 inchs same piece of cpm154 and thinkness heat treated it the same time I did this one. its marked and ethched with my first makers mark (please comment also) and have the name of the buyer too black N blue micardia (hope i'm spelling the right please give me a pass i'm half asleep been up all night working) and a great knifeIMG953522[1].jpgIMG953941[1].jpg

-Young Pup

Last edited:
yeah its starched I got the pics after I got the knife back from them to mark it plz tell me what u think and comments thank u

HE HASNT USED IT!!!!!! just got the the hogzilla knife back to put my mark on and the guy hasnt used it. should i be offended he hasnt even gotten it blooded yet??

Back