my first folder build......

rjarois

i have built 3 fixed blade knives, but this is my first folder. i found a photo of a knife i seen online, and figured i would give it a try. i used 59 r/c d-2 for the blade, titanium liners, and carbon fiber scales. the lock-up is a little deep, but its solid. i am happy for my first attempt. peace, randy.
IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great Randy. I would be happy with that!

Was it based on a Spyderco knife? Looks kinda familiar. :)

thanks stew....i don't know what knife it is.....i just did a google "folder knives" image search, and it popped up. and decided to make it my first one.randy.

my second folder in progress.....

hello fellas....after building my first folder, i decited to do another....i am using cpm s30v for the blade steel on this one. and the liners are the same .060 titanium. wile i cut the liners out, i am trying to decide on the scale material. i am using the same building tools as the first one, with the use of google sketchup and my cnc machine to lay-out. its another snody design i found from google images. man, i think im all caught up into this folder knife building, lols. peace, randy.
IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

update

got my second folder made....still have to spend a lil time to put the finishing touch on. the blade is CPM S-30V at 60r/c hardness. the rest of the knife is the same materials as the first....titanium liners, carbon fiber scales, bronze bushings, stainless hardware....overall i am happy how it turned out, but man ther alotta work, lols. peace, randy.
IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Last edited:
Things I noticed. Lock on first one was pretty deep already. And you must like cutting Ti because your lay out is wasting a lot of Ti and making you work more. Great effort and like the design. Keep it up !!!

Dave

dave, since the lock came out so deep, i remade the liner.....now its a little light, but wearing in. as far as wasting ti, i am getting better at setting up my cnc. i still have to cut out the scales, and will dry-run first to lesson the waste. the second folder is coming out way better. randy.

Back