Motor Faces

Mike Martinez

Need Help With Motor Type

Are there any other motors other than the 56c type that will work with the GIB grinder? I've found some spectacular deals from a company in Nebraska but they don't stock 56C, unfortunately. Thanks for any help.

Will a 145TC NEMA Frame motor fit?

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of motors they are offering. IIRC, the GIB is designed for a C face motor. You may be able to adapt a different kind of motor as long as it's a C face. That being said, some motors also have "C face adapters" available to convert them into a 56C motor. You might also be able to make an adaptor to using a seperate drive shaft, face mounted pillow blocks, and sheaves.

I guess it all depends on what you mean by "spectacular" deal on whether or not it's worth the extra time, money, and effort to adapt the motor.

I mean a brand new Leeson 2hp for 80.00 bucks. Its all new old stock still in the box with a 90 day return policy. Everything that I've read suggests that the two are interchangeable. I looked at pdf drawings and the placement of the mounting holes is the same, the only diffrence I've found is in the style, the 56c is a K and the 145TC is an L. But given my non existent background in these matters, I'm not sure what to make of it.

As far as I know, those two C framed motors are indeed interchangeable.

The company doesn't have a website/store do they?

The store has been around since 1922 and oddly enough, they don't have a site since they deal mostly in the industrial sector. I found them by accident and am glad I did. If you want their phone number shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
Back