Martin Engraved Lock Back

PMARTINKNIVES

I showed pics of this one in process, the owner had it sent out for engraving and I thought I'd share the finished results. Integral titanium side plates, black pearl and gold inlays, and Devin Thomas damascus blade.
Thanks for taking a look,

Peter

Attachments

• untitled.pngENGRAVED.jpg
    untitled.pngENGRAVED.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 95
  • _MG_0295.jpg
    _MG_0295.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 72
  • _MG_0291.jpg
    _MG_0291.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 80
The engraver is a talented gentlman from Tennessee named Damon Soilean, that part of the project was handled by the knife owner and I was totally blown away by the quality of the engraving detail.
Machining titanium is problematic but engraving it has to be a bonified :sad:nightmare.

Peter,

Was it the customer's choice to use titanium? What are the advantages, weight?

Jay

I'm just getting started making lockbacks and I must say that this knife is truly inspirational!
Phil

Yes, the customer provided a drawing and requested titanium sides, I decided on the lock back and the ball bearing pivot. The weight was lighter compared to stainless but I talked to the engraver and he stated titaniium was much more difficult to carve compared to S.S.
I think the customer was looking for something different, but thats just my guess.

Yes, the customer provided a drawing and requested titanium sides, I decided on the lock back and the ball bearing pivot. The weight was lighter compared to stainless but I talked to the engraver and he stated titaniium was much more difficult to carve compared to S.S.
I think the customer was looking for something different, but thats just my guess.

Well, it certainly turned out to be a beautiful knife!

Jay

Peter, WOW, that is a very impressive knife, great workmanship and the engraving is very well done. Are you pleased with the ball bearing pivots ? am thinking of giving them a try. Deane

Back