kydex sheaths

tmr

I recently came across a large local supply of kydex.......I now basically use kydex for all my sheaths......i do love a good leather sheath for knives but the expense of materials and time involved or the cost of having a custom sheath made has pushed me towards pressing my own kydex scabbards.....I got the kydex for free from a local company making street cars,,,,,,they were lining the inside of the cars with kydex,,,,,,they were fixing it in place with a two sided tape by 3M that is vhb....very high bond......I put the sheaths together with the vhb and then i use chicago screws in place of the grommets....they look amazing......I also have developed a way to mould the belt loop into the back of the sheath by using a double layer and a 2 in wide piece of heavy sole leather used to form the belt loop.....the bonus is that 20 to 30 minutes is all the time needed and the sheath looks great

I recently came across a large local supply of kydex.......I now basically use kydex for all my sheaths......i do love a good leather sheath for knives but the expense of materials and time involved or the cost of having a custom sheath made has pushed me towards pressing my own kydex scabbards.....I got the kydex for free from a local company making street cars,,,,,,they were lining the inside of the cars with kydex,,,,,,they were fixing it in place with a two sided tape by 3M that is vhb....very high bond......I put the sheaths together with the vhb and then i use chicago screws in place of the grommets....they look amazing......I also have developed a way to mould the belt loop into the back of the sheath by using a double layer and a 2 in wide piece of heavy sole leather used to form the belt loop.....the bonus is that 20 to 30 minutes is all the time needed and the sheath looks great

Pictures would be cool...

sorry.....I have no idea how to post a picture
It doesn’t require a lot of tech know how. If you store your pics on your phone - when you make a post just select the attach file box. Then choose photo library when the box pops up. Click the photo you want to upload and choose Add. It will insert the photo into your conversation box. All that’s left is hit post.
Hope this helps.

Kydex eyelets are much cheaper than Chicago screws. Standard .080 kydex doubled up for sheaths uses an 8-8 eyelet. FYI

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 11
It doesn’t require a lot of tech know how. If you store your pics on your phone - when you make a post just select the attach file box. Then choose photo library when the box pops up. Click the photo you want to upload and choose Add. It will insert the photo into your conversation box. All that’s left is hit post.
Hope this helps.
I will get someone to help me do it first time and i will post pics of the kydex......thanks for the info

Here is a thread on how to post pictures on Knife Dogs. I hope it helps you.

Back