Kydex proto type sheath for the Cuma Evolution knife.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
A good friend of mine Johnny Tsai. Teamed up with Topp's knives and has designed a couple of specialty knives and tools for the martial arts crowd. The Cuma Evolution is one, It comes standard with a canvas looking sheath. Its OK and all, But Johnny asked me to try and design a Kydex for his knife.. And heres what I came up with..

Im really new to making Kydex. this is only the second sheath I have designed and made. . So be easy on me.. Yet I am asking for honest critiques. So I can learn and make whatever changes are necessary..

I added eyelets to both sides allowing the tec lock to be attached any number of ways. and am planning on using black eyelets and rivets on these. Just didnt have any on hand. :) Guess its time to place a order..

kydexproto003.jpg
kydexproto004.jpg
kydexproto005.jpg
Kydexsheath001.jpg
Kydexsheath003.jpg
kydexproto017.jpg

Thanks and God Bless
Randy, HHH Knives

Sheaths look really good Randy. The only pointers I would offer is:

1. Soften the sharp points near the opening. If this sheath is worn in a cross draw position and the wearer sits down or bends over, those points aren't going to be very comfortable.

2. Maybe add additional eyelts to make the sheath compatible with both Small and Large Tek-Loks/Molle-Loks. Though I personally prefer the Large version because it is adjustable for various belt widths, some guys till like the Small Tek-Loks.

Murph, Good point. :) Pun intended.. I agree, And will defiantly soften them up.
I have never used the other style clips.. I need to order some for hole positions..

Thanks Murph!

The Small Tek-Lok mounting holes are 1/4" or so different from the Large. All of my Molle and Tek-Loks are at the shop so I don't have access to measure them at the moment.

Thats cool Murph, I need to order some supply's soon anyways, Ill just get a couple.. I really dont care for the small tech lock.either. But adding the holes cant hurt.. :)

Back