Just another kitchen knife

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
OK. so maybe not "just another"

This one is a Kiritsuki style single bevel BEAST!

Killer HHH Damascus with Stainless and Blackwood handle.

Thanks for lookin!
Randy

Attachments

• Single Bevel Kiritsuke 005 (800x533).jpg
    Single Bevel Kiritsuke 005 (800x533).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Single Bevel Kiritsuke 042 (800x533).jpg
    Single Bevel Kiritsuke 042 (800x533).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Single Bevel Kiritsuke 014 (800x533).jpg
    Single Bevel Kiritsuke 014 (800x533).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Single Bevel Kiritsuke 022 (800x533).jpg
    Single Bevel Kiritsuke 022 (800x533).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 29
Thank you sir. :) This one is a BEAST.

There are many uses, but more specific cuts on fish or sushi.
or other delicate foods without loosing the shape or displacing the food itself. .

The main advantage of the single bevel is that it's easier to make super-thin cuts
and the lack of back bevel reduces the amount of stickage to the knife. Most single-bevel knives feature a concave backside face (urasuki), which also reduce the amount of drag of the food as the knife passes through it. The grind itself or the (Kiriba) or blade road allows for the cut food to fall away from the knife. I found a photo on the interweb that shows a cross section of this style grind. Combined these features of a single bevel allow a super thin cutting edge..

There is a downside to a grind like this.. Its not meant to be hard used and can be somewhat delicate. because its so THIN!!! Yet with any grind. Theres the give and take.
When used as intended a single bevel knife is a laser and falls through foods effortlessly. We often talk about "sharp" and until I was introduced to a single bevel sushi knife. I thought I knew what sharp was.
:les:

Attachments

• single best.jpg
    single best.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 10
Back