Intro

Jon Kelly

Greetings from the vast, frozen reaches of Northern Montana. Thanks in advance to all of the participants of this forum who freely share their knowledge so that others, such as myself, can avoid some of the pitfalls of the knife making process. (although I am making most of them anyway, lol) I have a background as a Lapidarist, silversmith, woodworker, and copper artist and look forward to the application of these skills to the knife making process. My greatest obstacle so far has been discerning fact from fiction when it comes to learning the sceintific methods necessary to produce a quality product. My search continues.......

Jon,
Yes! Welcome to the pack here at KD's. With your background in those fields you will be able to make and embellish your knives with beauty.

Ask away at the different forums and we will do the best we can to point you in the right direction.

Scientific method, we just do it and if it comes out OK, well that's the way! LOL. Just kidding. There's a lot to learn and everyone here is willing to share!

Welcome from Sunny South Florida!!!

Back