Hunting knife WIP

Justin W.

Alright guys I'm fixing to take the handle off if this baby and replace the scales but before I go and do that I wanted to run my handle making process by yall to see if I'm on the right track. I figured if I am gonna have to replace this handle I want it to be the best handle I've made.

1. Trace tang of knife onto scales label each scale with a 1 and a 2 and then label the corresponding sides of the tang with a 1 and a 2

2. Cut out the scales and drill the holes for the scales from each corresponding side so that the pins go in easy

3. Dry fit the pins and the scales and sand the scale material down to the spine and the bottom of the tang

4. Round the handle to make sure that it is comfortable sand to 600 grit

5. Use a puch to take out the pins and take off the scales then I finish sand the part of the blade that will be visible on the tang

6. I then put petroleum jelly on the ricasso and the metal part of the blade then I epoxy up the handle and wipe off the excess that spills onto the ricasso and spine of the knife

7. At this point I will stain the handle and finish it up with some food grade cutting board wax

Pls I really want to know how to make my handles great so tell me what is good and what needs to changeAttach7698_20181123_064538.jpg

Back