Homebrew Grinder

Rudy Joly

BillT and I were talking grinders and how he was looking for one. I reminded him that making one didn't have to be a daunting task and that I'd made one from scratch in four hours over a year ago. Four hours and it was grinding steel. Granted, it helps to have the tools to make the tools, but this could have been a drill and bolt together grinder just as easily. The only things I bought were the bearings, everything else was scrounged and welded together. The wheels are spares from my other grinders. I told him I'd post it up so everyone looking for grinders might get some inspiration and maybe try making one instead of waiting for that special once in a lifetime deal.

2011_0619grinder0009.jpg

2011_0619grinder0005.jpg2011_0619grinder0006.jpg2011_0619grinder0007.jpg2011_0619grinder0008.jpg

Rudy

Hi Denny,
In pic three, the two forward thumb screws push the reciever back and forth just like on a Bader II. The reciever is anchored at the rear of the chassis and the rest of it floats. It works well, I've been using it over a year now without problems.
Thanks,
Rudy

Thanks, Rudy, I understand now. I know how you feel, ya can't tell Bill anything. I tried to tell him that wasn't really a woman at Blade, but oh no he just wouldn't listen.

Bill,
Do you need help...........

getting the knife out of your back before Denny twists it???????:biggrin: haha.

Rudy

Thanks Frank.
I had an epiphany while looking at my junk pile and my Bader at the same time. It's like all the parts jumped out at me from the pile. A rare moment.

Rudy

Back