---=== High Performance 3V kwaiken {Hartsfield style} ===---

Benr.t

Up for grabs is one of my Oregonto kwaikens of the 4" variation. This smaller version is easy to carry IWB, and still offers plenty of blade length for most any task.

The blade steel as with most of my knives is CPM 3V. My custom high performance Heat treat (including liquid nitrogen cryo) for these provides improved edge retention and corrosion resistance over the industry HT for 3V. My HT has been developed through many chats with Dan Keffeler and other industry leaders in the HT arena. My HT takes extra time and steps, but in the end you have a superior steel that performs extremely well. These are designed as a hard use knife.

The handle is soaked in West systems G/flex epoxy, is rock solid and very durable. This means it is washable and solid much like a micarta handle.

The Harstfield style sheath is Aluminum, wrapped in shark skin and lined with kevlar. The "sageo" adds grip when tucked in your belt, and also extends to act as a static cord.

Joe Paranee talks about some of the benefits of this style carry in this video.

[video=youtube;DznGgjLidJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DznGgjLidJw[/video]

I have been carrying and using a tanto style pocket knife for over ten years straight. When I say "tanto" I am really referring to the grind style as that is what it is generally know as here. The utility nature of the tanto blade shape I think is underrated and often misunderstood. The angled front edge works awesome for scraping, much like a chisel. And the secondary point where the bevels meet means the blade cuts deeply on a pull cut or stab. The grind also reinforces the tip for piercing.

My books are open. I you would like to order something please let me know.

Here are the specs.

OAL - 8"
Blade - 4" chisel ground
Steel - .280" CPM 3v with proper HT done by myself including LN cryo. My Custom HT benefits not only fine edge stability but also increases corrosion resistance to near stainless levels.
Handle - Black tsuka ito with hemp underwrap.
Sheath - Hartsfield style aluminum sheath with Pullup bison leather overwrap and kevlar lining.
Price - $475 + $15 Insured Priority shipping.
10% off for military and law enforcement
Paypal or postal money order preferred

Back