Hi from South Africa

Timothy La Combre

Hi all

Names Tim and am new to this site, have been making knives off and on for three yrs and am now full time. Still new in the game and still got lots to learn. From Richards Bay in South Africa where the sun always shines and the grass is always green.

Thanks Laurence, don't know if congrats is in order - I think working for a boss was less stress and paid better LOL

Thanks Mark - am hoping to learn a few things here - always room for improvement.

Hi Tim

Welcome to KnifeDogs, from a fellow SA Blader. BTW - any idea whats happened to SABlade? I havent been able to connect since Monday or so?)

Good Luck on the full time gig, I'm still working for a boss, still too new at this and not brave enough to try doing it for a living.

Last edited:
Cheers Rick - think they have server issues - I know something broke. And courage has nothing to do with it, it's that big swear word Retrenchment that kicked me in the but. It's hard but worth it and I have a very supportive wife who likes me close to home where I can't get into any trouble LOL

Hey Tim

I know that word - it's kicked me in the butt twice, the last time I was in 2001 and I had a seriously difficult time getting a job (BEE). But I survived and i'm still around.
Enjoy your stay here, I think I've been on Knifedogs a bit longer than on SABlade. As you would expect from a bunch of knifemakers - it's filled with a bunch of great guys, all very friendly and extremely helpful

Thanks Rick, good to know. It's always good to surround yourself with people that like the same thing - less arguments that way, especially if the all like knives.

Back