Henningsson Knives

Hi all.

Just want to show my latest knife.
It is not finished yet but would like to receive comments from you.
f 13 .jpg
Endurance bättre ljus KLAR Komp.jpg

Specifications
Blade length: 2.50 in.
Overall length: 6.00 in.
Blade width: 0.95 in.
Blade thickness: 0.11 In.
Item weight: 3.60 oz.
Blade: Odin's eay pattern stainless damascus
Handle: Engraved stainless steel by maker
Style: Folding liner lock

Click to visit my website where there are some more pictures.
http://henningssonknives.wordpress.com/
I look forward to your feedback
Mike

That is a nice looking knife. The engraving is spectacular. The overall shape and design looks well thought out and executed. With a damascus blade it creates an overwhelmingly busy piece. I personally would have opted for a plain blade with complimentary engraving to finish out the flow from the handle. But thats not to say it isnt a beautiful piece.

Mike,
I checked out your website....about 2 hours later, I had to take a break! You have some MAD SKILLZ!!!! And, you do all of your engraving? Now if you made the Damascus too, I'm going to cry, heck scream FOUL!!! It just seems unfair that 1 person be blessed with so much talent and that my friend is what you have, an enormous amount of talent!

But seriously, we all know what it takes to that get to that level of skill , I can only hope I make something as exquisite as any of your knives before I die! Beautiful work! Rex

Hey guys.

Let me begin by thanking you for all the nice comments!
It makes me very happy when I read this.

To answer Rex question, no I do not do my own Damascus, that I bye.
However, I do my own engraving, I have tried it now for about a year and now I have finally gotten a decent equipment together so now it starts to look better.
However, I have a long way to go in the engraving world.
Unfortunately, there is no one here in Sweden that I can ask about engravings so I have learned on you tube.
The technique is difficult but can be learned, the key is knowing how to sketch and have a fairly good feel for it.
I have been a part-time knife maker now for 3 years in May and it's been pretty fun.
I know I have a lot to learn but I am passionate about this and love to make knives.
Thanks again, look forward to talking more with you.
Mike

Mike,
Welcome to Knife Dogs! the Greatest group of people, I have ever been associated with, (and they still let me stay!). Enjoy, and your always welcome to do a WIP (Work In Progress) to show how you make your knives and how you do the engraving. I want to learn to engrave, even if it's just a little bit. Yours is over the top AWESOME! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! Rex

Thanks Rex.

If you ever start to engrave, do not hesitate to email me and ask about anything that you do not understand.
This helps avoid making mistakes (I've made them all)
michael.henningsson @ gmail.com
Mike

Back