Hello from Ohio

Stoney83

Hello my name is Matt. I'm a cnc machinist/shop owner and have a pretty well equipped shop with a couple cnc mills. My specialty is machining gun grips, knife handles, cell phone cases and basically anything made out of G10. I do some industrial molds and miscellaneous parts for local companies as well.

A few months ago a quote from a "production" knife company came across my desk for me to make their scales. I didn't end up getting that job, but went out and purchased the knife anyways. When it showed up I was disappointed the poor quality of the scales and the knife in general.

Ever since then I've been dreaming of my own knife line and reading everything I can find about knives. There's a little bit tool steel in the shop and my cousin just got a 2X72 grinder. So its time to make my first knife. The first one will use handles from another knife with a different design on the blade. I'm going to do half the work in the mill and the other half with the grinder.

I have the machining part down but have a lot to learn about knife making, which is why I'm here!

You came to the right spot a lot of talented and knowledgeable knifemakers here! Welcome!

Hello Matt,
There is need for more machine shops with hands on knife making experience to be connected to the knife trade.
Welcome to KnifeDogs.
t

Back