Hello from Alaska!

farmerman96

Hello all, my name is Lucas Farmer and I live in Soldotna AK with my wife, 2 kids and 3 dogs. I have always had an attraction to knives and the like and have a friend that is a maker although I've never had the opportunity to learn from him because he lives in Arizona.

I've just been taking my time learning as much as I can so that I have a good foundation for my first knife to be built on.

I look forward to our future conversations and am appreciative of any and all advice and criticism I will receive throughout my adventure!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to KD Lucus.

My brother lives in Eagle River.

If you want to learn about knife making and cant find it here your not trying... HA I cant remember when someone hasn't stepped up and given an answer to a question. its a very giving group if you first try the search button and cant find it.

you just need to jump in. get some steel that you know what it is. (don't start with any mystery steel) Use something like a 1075, 1080 to start with so you could do a heat treat at home. work out from there once you get your feet wet.

Erik

Thanks cnccutter!

I'm looking forward to getting into my first knife, and I've learned not to look for perfection but get my basics down.

We've been getting slammed with bad weather up here, especially eagle river

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Back