Hate it !

I feel your pain, my friend. I just did the same thing in my shop last weekend. It was getting hard to see my tools through the thick layer of dust. Luckily, my shop is tiny (an old 7'x11' converted garden shed) and it didn't take me that long to clean things up. It's nice to be able to see my workbench and floor again though.

I did pick up a magnetic broom,it has wheels on it and you roll it around on the floor then hold it over your waste can pull the handle back and it drops the metal.Works great around the grinders !

As soon as the temp. gets above freezing . . . I will be joining you in this task. Probably this weekend. Clean the garage of all my knife waste. My wife has been patient but I have overstayed my welcome. Time to clean up. UGH!

Every time I clean my shop and put things away it takes me a good while to figure out where I put things and by the time I'm done digging around the shops a mess again.

I try to breathe up all of my dust so the shop stays clean. (kidding) My shop is small enough that I was forced into the habit of cleaning up messes as they are made.

I am going to have to do it soon! I have so much stuff from when I closed my large to me 1150 sq ft shop and retail place and stuffed it into a 3-400 sp ft Garage. Now everything is blanketed in steel and handle dust and the worst is that C-Tek material. I think it expands when you grind it. It makes such a mess LOL.

I haven't seen the floor in a few weeks! :what!:

I've gotten so lazy in my old age that I hire a girl to come in once a month and pay her to clean the place top to bottom. It cost me 75.00 the best money I spend all year.

Fred :)

Back