Grommit here from the UK :-)

grommit

Hello All,
I'd like to introduce myself to you on this great Forum.
My name is brian Ducker, i am a part time knife maker from The North East of England, living in Nottingham.
I have been Active on Forums around the world since 2009, previously i was making and refurbishing Straight Razors.
I have been lucky to be mentored on my fixed blade making Journey by a fellow UK maker I.R. Bailey (Ian) continued advice by my good friend Marcus Lin & even though he keeps saying he has done nothing to help David Sharpe (David66) both are members on here i see.
My influences have been primarily the Loveless Style Knives but i have tried the Bushcraft knives and recently continued on with my folder experience with help from Ken Erickson, Andre and other top makers.
I have just set up my new website which i hope i could show on here when i get navigated correctly lol and highlight that me and Ian are trying to help up & coming Knife makers around the world and especially in the UK by giving them the exposure for their work they deserve.
I hope to contribute as best i can amongst some of the best makers and experts in the world, if anything introduce the 'geordie' dialect that David just loves/hates:biggrin:
ATB
Brian

Brain,
Welcome to the pack.
I was lucky enough to learn some from the late Bob Loveless and even though I don't make those style of knives much I still learned a lot about grinding stainless steel and other tips about knife making that I use in my culinary knives.

We have something for everyone here as far as knives and humor go! lol
Enjoy!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

laurence,
thank you kind Sir for the warm welcome.
been looking around for the last hour or so and i am on fire with all the great makers pics info and the like.
Inspiration for my next projcts.
Thanks for taking the time to welcome me.
ATB
Brian

Hello again Eric.
Thx for viewing my threads so far.
I am really enjoying this forum, it was looking at Ken Ericksons website getting some of his work ready for our website that i saw the link.
really pleased i did.
Catch you soon and you keep safe my friend.
ATB
Brian

Thanks very much m8.
My recent pics have been entered on separate threads or on my own website if anyone is interested lol
Catch you soon bri

Back