Glad I found this Forum......

Dave Broughton

I'm a native Texan who is lost over in Alabama. Well, my wife and I reside here now. I became interested in knifemaking back in the 80s while going to Mountainman Rendezvous. My first attempts were rather crude but over the years I have progressed to being fairly decent with my knives. I've made many since those early days and have supplied many rendezvouers, SASS folks and cowboy re-enactors with knives.......I am looking forward to learning a lot here on this forum and making some good friends in the process........

Hello Dave and welcome!
We have a couple of makers that make Fur trade and western period pieces aound here. Please do post some pictures.

Glad to have you...Lot's of knife makers got their start from Rendezvous...
lot's to learn here.
t

Thanks guys, I tried to post some photos but for some reason it doesn't recognize my files. I post pictures all the time on Archery Talk and other archery forums but for some reason they won't come up here......I mainly do bowies and hunting knives. I also have been doing leather work for years and I make stands for my knives cause most people that buy mine put them on their mantles for display. I also jewel the blades.......I need help it seems to post on here however.....

Dave, what part of Alabama are you lost in? There are a few makers scattered around. Would love to have you come by for a visit if you are anywhere near Oxford.

Robert

Dave, what part of Alabama are you lost in? There are a few makers scattered around. Would love to have you come by for a visit if you are anywhere near Oxford.

Robert

My wife and I live between Talladega and Oxford. Our mail comes from Munford but we are about 5 miles north of Talladega........I'd love to visit with you also. BTW, we are heading this morning for Lowes in Oxford.....I do a bunch of shopping up in Oxford and Anniston....

Last edited:
Hi Dave. Would love to see your work.

I will post some of my photos for sure. I do mostly Bowies for cowboys, mountainmen and re-enactors but I sell a lot of knives on stands with a sheath that people put on their mantle and on display......I just have fun doing these but my main thing is art. I'm a Native American and Western artist and that's where my heart is......

Well Dave, you are indeed close by. Give me a call sometime. I am at "two five six eight three one four six four five".

Just off of Friendship Road. Shop is a disaster zone now. Looks like Sanford & Son's place. Been busy lately building and flying model planes. I usually fly them in Munford when the weather permits.

Robert

Well Dave, you are indeed close by. Give me a call sometime. I am at "two five six eight three one four six four five".

Just off of Friendship Road. Shop is a disaster zone now. Looks like Sanford & Son's place. Been busy lately building and flying model planes. I usually fly them in Munford when the weather permits.

Robert

I'll bet my shop right now looks worse than yours......! We just moved back to Bama from Texas and my wife has been stock piling furniture in my work shop and my art studio. I can't get to my easel at all and the shop is half full of her stuff. Course that makes the half I have overly crowed but I'm getting a few things done. We have a new house coming so if the weather ever lets up we will be able to move in and free up my shop and studio. I have been fortunate to have three art shows here in Talladega and Sylacauga. Heritage Hall is a super place for a one man show.....I do Native American and Western art......I'll give ya call, thanks for the #.......

Dave

Give me a call Hoss. I am very impressed with a couple of photos that you shared.

We can never have enough "Shop-Space". Let me know when you have another show. I'll be sure to make it.

Robert

Give me a call Hoss. I am very impressed with a couple of photos that you shared.

We can never have enough "Shop-Space". Let me know when you have another show. I'll be sure to make it.

Robert
I don't know why but my wife thinks she deserves some space in my two buildings. Well, it will be for a short time and I'll be able to rid myself of her furniture and stuff. She thinks she is important as I am.....of course I jest! I hope to have a show this year for sure.....I want a local show and then I'd like to have one in Cartersville, Georgia at the Western Art Museum there. It is comparable to the one in Okla City.....I have a little pull so I just might get one there. I want to get more photos on here of my knives but so for I can't get to my best and latest knife pictures.......

Attachments

• P1040074.jpg
    P1040074.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Alamo Knife.jpg
    Alamo Knife.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1040065.jpg
    P1040065.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P1040042.jpg
    P1040042.jpg