Gahagan Bowie WIP

Gahagan

I started this knife for the KITH but did not have time to finish it so I made another. So I figured While I was making it I would do some things I had not done before. I decided to do a framed handle as well as a clamshell S guard. Here are some Pics of it in progress.

pictures019-1.jpg

pictures020.jpg

pictures018-1.jpg

pictures027.jpg

pictures029.jpg

Looking good. The clamshell WIP will be very much welcomed I'm sure. Can't wait to see it. I always wanted to see one made.

Hope you don't mind me saying....

Thats comming along BEAUTIFULLY

Adventurous project ! Can't wait to see it finished

Love the mix of classic blade profile and a more contemporary handle design with your own flair. Cool stuff

-Josh

man i would love to see how you guys cut out the frame since i dont have a band saw how would you do it, drill holes and hacksaw out that seems hard any ideals gahagen ???

I cut all the way to the end point on both sides and then back out the bandsaw. Then started to cut to the opposite corner this left a smal triangle at the back. I then filed it off the triangle.

franklin. You go with what you have for tools and try when possible to get those tools which will make it easier to do and give better finishing. Frank

Back