forge testing failure

Yep, that would cause problems - and that's a BIG tank you're using. Isn't it bigger than 100 lb?

Depends on where you go, of course. The place up the street where I can walk my tank is ~ $82 to fill it.
If I can get a ride to the local fireplace store, it'll cost $45.

AT the local TSC it's $2.49/gal to fill any tank, from a 5 gal BBQ grill tank (about 4.5 gal) to my 100 lb tank that holds around 20 to 21 gal. So, 20 gal at $49.80 plus tax. Other local places can run more, up to $3/gal or so. BillyO's cost of $45 is a really good price (assuming 100 lb tank).

The cost of filling the bottles drove me to purchase/have placed, a large tank. I have a 500gal, which only gets filled ever 14-18 months, and that was before the Lupus/lung issues hit. That also gave/gives me the ability to wait for "seasonal specials"... which is July/August around here, the prices are between $1.50-$1.99 per gallon. The annual rental fee for the tank is $50. I've heard that a lot of propane companies scrutinize ever little detail of your tank/lines, and will only allow so much pressure from the tank, into a structure. I guess I've been dealing with local folks long enough to get to know them. I told my supplier I needed more psi out of the tank, and they gave me a 0-40psi adjustable regulator, all the fitting necessary to install it on the tank, and told me.... "You know what your doing." I run 25psi from the tank into the shop..... and can run everything I need to at once. ;)

Provided you can get the PSI needed, a larger outside tank will save you a lot of money on propane.

Back